Jennifer Brody is the award-winning author of the The 13th Continuum. Her book is a Gold Medal Winner (Young Adult – Sci-Fi/Fantasy) from the Independent Publisher‘s Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards. Return of the Continuums and The United Continuums complete this epic trilogy. Translation rights have sold in multiple territories, most notably Russia and China. Her short fiction appears in the From the Stars anthology and Common Deer Press’ Short Tails. She is a graduate of Harvard University (magna cum laude), a creative writing instructor at the Writing Pad, and a volunteer mentor for the Young Storytellers Foundation. She’s also a board member for the non-profit writing competitions the Roswell Award and the Tomorrow Prize. She lives and writes in LA, where she’s hard at work on her next book.
After studying film at Harvard University, Jennifer began her career in Hollywood. Highlights include working for Platinum Dunes and New Line Cinema, most notably on The Lord of the Rings films, The Golden Compass, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. She also produced the feature film Make It Happen starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Tessa Thompson. Many of her books and short fiction pieces are being packaged for film. She is represented by Deborah Schneider (Gelfman Schneider/ICM Partners), Josie Friedman (ICM) for TV/Film, and Curtis Brown for UK and foreign rights.
Professional Groups & Workshops/Residencies Attended:
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA)
- BookPod, Social Media Platform for Authors
- Sirenland Writers Workshop, Meg Wolitzer workshop (Positano, Italy)
- Tin House Summer Writers Workshop, Victor Lavalle workshop in 2015 & Kelly Link workshop in 2017 (Portland, OR)
- Big Sur Children’s Writing Workshop (Big Sur, CA)
- Wellstone Center Residency (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Lemon Tree House Residency (Tuscany, Italy)
- Banff Centre for the Arts, Winter Residency (Banff, Canada)